22 November 2007

Vegetable Beef Bundles


I think I've posted too many things in the last couple days because I don't really feel like saying anything this time around. It looks tasty, though. (I think. Even if I did singe it a little.)

Right.

This was more or less a tasty and sort of dramatic looking way to serve steak and vegetables. The meat was meant to be like Korean Bulgogi (in the sense that it's marinated and grilled beef), and it was a pretty similar recipe to most of the versions I've looked at online. The flavour of the marinade was pretty plain - a hint of sesame, but otherwise it tasted like a sweet soy sauce - so I think when I make this again I'll have to add some diced hot pepper to the marinade. It tasted quite good with the lettuce, also, so I think next time I'll make them and then wrap them with lettuce leaves to eat.

3 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm...Steak!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks yummy! Think it would work with chicken as well?
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't see why not, though it might need a different marinade. I don't know how this would taste on chicken, but it would probably be fine.

    This recipe here is almost identical to the one I used. Just slice the meat into strips long enough to wrap around a bundle of vegetables, but thin enough to cook fairly quickly. Then combine all the ingredients (except the beef) in a food processor or blender and pulse into it's mostly smooth, then marinate the meat for 3 or more hours.

    Steam the vegetables so that they're tender-crisp (the recipe suggested asparagus, green beans, zucchini, carrot, and roasted red pepper from a jar as choices), then wrap with the meat, skewer it, and cook on a grill 2-3 minutes per side until cooked through. I did mine in a lightly greased frying pan because I didn't want to go outside.

    ReplyDelete