08 November 2007

Turkey Burger with Steamed Broccoli and Edamame


Another sort of blurry picture (it looks better in this small version than it does at full-size). Anyway, it might be just as well because edamame are not super pretty. (Or these ones aren't, anyway.)

A little while ago I bought some of those Glad microwave bags for steaming vegetables because I wondered how well they'd work. And then I was a bit dumb and did the broccoli and edamame together. Which left me with slightly overcooked broccoli, and slightly undercooked edamame. At any rate, they were both tasty, just not quite as tasty as they might have been.

This is the first time I'd ever made edamame before, so I just assumed they'd cook up similarly to snow peas or sugar snap peas, but the actual beans are a lot more solid than a pea, hence the not quite cooking enough. Flavour-wise I liked them, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment