26 September 2007

Sesame Sole with Sautéed Green Beans and Wild Rice


This is the first time I've cooked fish. I mean, fish that didn't come out of a can or a box. At least I think it's the first time... Anyway, I've never had sole before, so I was worried that it would have a strong taste, but it really just tasted like sesame. Sesame oil and sesame seeds.

I was worried about either over or under-cooking it, but I think it came out just right, by some miracle of lucky timing. (I tend to overcook meats because I worry too much about them being raw.)

I did a tiny bit over-cook the beans - you can see scorch marks - but they were so so so so tasty. I love fresh green beans, just steamed and then sautéed with garlic and red pepper flakes. Spicy and a little crunchy and better than practically anything.

Another first: wild rice on it's own. Usually I only eat wild rice in blends, but decided to give it a go. I didn't like the smell while it was cooking, but I love the texture and taste of wild rice, so I was happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment