19 September 2007

Autumn theme gift block


This block is another that I made for a member of a Livejournal community that I'm a member of, Birthday Blocks. There are 16 members and we make one block, to request, for each member for her birthday. (You can read about my requested blocks here, but I'll also be updating every time I get a few more blocks together for the quilt.)

The request for this block - which is late! eep! - was for something autumn (but not Hallowe'en) themed. I did a Maple Leaf block for a previous request and didn't want to repeat myself, so I thought this block would look nice with a leaf print.

I'm not completely happy with the way it came out - hindsight being 20/20 and all that - because the gold blends too much with the leaf print, but on the whole I like it much more than I thought I would. I've never been a particular fan of themed fabrics, so I was expecting to hate whatever I came up with. (I really, really do wish I'd reversed the green and gold fabrics, though. Or used a darker brown in place of the gold...)

No comments:

Post a Comment