20 September 2007

Moroccan Chicken with Chickpeas and Cauliflower


This is what I had for dinner last night, for day one of my detox. And then I had it again tonight, though I didn't take a photo this time. (I actually had only leftovers today - Amaranth for breakfast, Bean Salad for lunch, and Chicken for dinner.)

This was a pretty good meal. Good enough that I'll make it again, I think, though I do think it could have stood a lot more spice. There were no spicy additions to the recipe - you use garam masala, but no other spices. I think next time I'll build it up a bit more like a curry to give some more flavour to the dish.

I think I'll also add a touch of turmeric as well, because there's no sense in being such a muted, dirty looking shade of yellow when it could be bright and vibrantly yellow. (I apparently love yellow food. I'm sure there are a few yellow things in the backlog of this blog where I've probably mentioned whether or not I was pleased by the shade of yellow that I acquired.)

I forgot to put cashews on this when I first made it, which is a bit of a disappointment, since I'm such a fan of cashews. I did remember today though, so that was a tasty addition (if an unnecessary one).

I once again used Eden organic brand beans and was once again really pleased by the quality and taste of the product. I don't think I'll ever be able to go back to regular canned beans/chickpeas. The chickpeas are so much nicer in texture than any other brand I've tried and they haven't had their taste dulled by too much sodium and/or preservatives or whatever is put into regular canned beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment