12 January 2008

Pan-fried Noodle Cake with Stir-fried Baby Bok Choy


Yum.

This was good, and ridiculously easy. It's basically just steamed Chinese noodles that've been fried in a bit of oil until it holds its shape, with boy choy that's been stir-fried with garlic, ginger, and a sauce made of hoisin sauce, rice vinegar, water and black pepper.

I'm going to be cooking mostly vegetarian foods most of the week, for no real reason except that I started flipping through a vegetarian cookbook and marked a ton of things to make. The book, which I've recently posted a recipe out of - A Year in a Vegetarian Kitchen - is one of those loosely vegetarian books. He cooks with butter and tons of eggs and all kinds of dairy. So really he's not vegetarian so much as he doesn't seem to eat the flesh of animals.

Anyway, this particular recipe is delicious. I don't think I've ever used Hoisin Sauce before, so I wasn't sure what sort of flavour to expect. A little sweeter than I imagined, but good.

4 comments:

  1. please come to my place and cook for me on a daily basis. :)
    t

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is the pay better than Safeway? ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there - this does look delicious! I have never made this, but would like to. Could you give specific proportions and step by step directions>

    ReplyDelete
  4. Certainly - it'll probably take me a day or two, but I'll post a new entry with the recipe for you.

    ReplyDelete