17 January 2008

Fruit and Barley-stuffed Pork with Roasted Potatoes and Veggies


I eat a lot of cucumber and tomatoes, don't I? I've had to resort to buying the horribly expensive grape and cherry tomatoes because they're the only ones through the winter that seem to taste like a tomato is meant to taste. I suppose I should aim more for eating in tune with the seasons, but I love tomatoes too much not to have them.

At any rate, this isn't the nicest looking dinner. I was too lazy to trim the fat off the pork and so it left that nasty looking scum in the barley stuffing and I think that it should be seared before being baked so that the top of the meat would brown up a bit. The stuffing had a lot of fruit and nice flavours in it that worked well with the meat, though, and it had a really nice flavour.

The potatoes came from a bag. I was feeling lazy last night. It'd be cheaper and just as tasty to peel my own potatoes and roast them, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment