28 January 2008

Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies


For somebody who never really bakes, I've posted a lot of baking the last while. It's not that I haven't been cooking, it's just that I haven't been cooking things worth posting about. Tonight I had a mushroom burger (from a box) with roasted potatoes (from a box). Which... boring. I didn't even have a bun to put the burger on. I made eggs a few days back, with leftover ham and fried mashed potatoes... but it was one of those toss together meals where everything's a little bit singed and none of it looks terribly good... so I deleted the photos. I'll probably be eating a lot of things out of the freezer for the next little while because I'm trying to save money for a root canal. It's there, so I might as well use it, anyway.

At any rate, this is the last of the Christmas baking, and only one month too late. (Almost to the day. I baked them on the 26th.) I took them all to work - half for a friend, and half I fed to the night crew - so fortunately they're all gone and I can't just sit around and eat chocolate cookies with mint chocolate chips until my tummy bursts.

These cookies are actually the exact same recipe as these Chocolate Toffee Cookies that I made a while back, but this time I used mint chocolate chips in place of the toffee, and I added a touch more oil and water. They were much nicer this time, a bit chewy instead of crunchy.

Super easy, anyway. Here's how:

Ingredients

1 box chocolate cake mix
1/2 cup oil
1 egg
1/4 cup water
1 cup chocolate chips

Mix together all the ingredients except the chips until just moistened. Stir in chips. Spoon out 1 tbsp of mix onto greased baking sheets, placing cookies about 2 inches apart. Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are set. Cool, eat, enjoy.

You should get about 48 cookies. I got 42, plus a bit of raw cookie dough in my tummy. Yum.

I still think it might benefit from a bit of strong coffee, just to bring out the taste of the chocolate, but that'd probably be better if I weren't using mint chips.

Anyway, I kind of used a generous 1/2 cup of oil and a very generous 1/4 cup water. It wasn't runny, at all, but it wasn't such a dry mix as it was the first time I tried it.

No comments:

Post a Comment