20 July 2007

Spicy Tomato-Red Pepper Soup with Chicken and Noodles


I had a very sudden craving for soup tonight, and so I made soup. I found a recipe for soup made with roasted red peppers (and canned plum tomatoes), and just happened to have (what I thought was) a half a roasted pepper in the fridge and a can of crushed tomatoes. (I don't like chunks of tomato in soups, so I always used crushed.) Well, it turns out that my half pepper, which was still half of what the recipe asked for, was actually maybe, at most, a third of a pepper. So I just let the tomato take over the taste.

I also added noodles because it's too low calorie for a supper and I needed to bulk up the end of my day a bit. You can't really see the noodles though because they were in the bottom of the bowl before I poured in the soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment