30 April 2008

Fried Fish with Roasted Potatoes and Green Peas


This is a couple days old now, but I think I didn't post it in favour of going to bed and then I just never got around to it the next day. I also didn't really get around to eating it.

Well, that's not quite true. I did try eating it, but I didn't like the fish very much. It was somehow watery tasting, and the texture was sort of watery as well. Damp, almost, like eating flaky jello. So maybe I prefer firmer fish, or something. I don't know. Anyway, I wound up throwing away the fish after a few bites.

The potatoes were nice, if very basic - just parboiled, then roasted with fresh rosemary and garlic. And the peas, which were meant to be mashed, were heated with a little white wine vinegar, and salt and pepper.

The three recipes came from a cookbook I picked up a little while ago, Fast Food by Gordon Ramsay. When I was at the grocery store, I couldn't remember what sort of fish I needed for the recipe, so I picked up sole because it looked nice and it was cheap, but the recipe does suggest something else... cod or haddock, I think, so I do think I'll try it again someday with a different type of fish. With any luck, I'll like it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment