12 April 2009

Easter Dinner


Even though we don't celebrate Easter and Christmas as the days are actually intended, we do usually cook a family dinner on those sorts of holidays anyway. Easter kind of crept up on us this year and suddenly on Friday I remembered to see if my sister wanted to do something or not. We talked about buying a small chicken, but I had a pork tenderloin in the freezer, so I decided to make that instead.

The pork is my usual recipe: rubbed with a little olive oil, crushed garlic, salt and pepper, rosemary, thyme and parsley. Then I roasted it and a dish full of rosemary potatoes (potatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper, and rosemary). When they were nearly done, I lightly steamed my green beans, then put on the water/butter to boil for the boxed stuffing. Once the meat was out of the oven and resting, I sautéed the green beans with some red pepper flakes.

Delicious in every way. Yum. I really should do something completely different sometime, though. The biggest change from the usual dinner routine is that we didn't have a tomato/cucumber salad and we had roasted rather than mashed potatoes. I don't know, though. I suppose there's something nice about tradition when you're doing family meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment