05 April 2009

Cheese and Spinach Stuffed Chicken with Orzo and Broccoli


It's been a bit of a busy weekend, so this photo is a couple days old now. It was a sort of impromptu thing I made last Thursday and only moderately successful.

The chicken is stuffed with spinach, onion, and some Havarti cheese, but I really didn't like the taste of the stuffing at all. The cheese was entirely useless since I couldn't taste it and the spinach had a sort of... muddy taste. I'm not sure if that's the right way to describe it, but it was just... off tasting. It didn't seem so bad if I picked out the spinach and ate it with bits of orzo rather than just the chicken, so maybe something was off with the seasoning.



The orzo was nice, though very plain. I'd put in some Parmesan cheese, but it didn't get melty and nice, instead all the cheese seemed to melt and then join together as a glob in the middle of the pan, so I picked that out and threw it away. It was nice with just some salt and pepper and whatever bits of cheese lingered.

I took the leftovers of this - there was a lot since this was pretty much the hugest chicken breast ever - to work the next day and had the same problem with the spinach, but the rest of it was pretty good as leftovers, even the broccoli which I wasn't really sure about.

No comments:

Post a Comment