15 February 2009

Roast Chicken with All the Usual Suspects


Here is a sad truth: I've cooked absolutely nothing in six days. What I mean by nothing is that it's possible that I... well, no. I don't even think I microwaved anything (other than pizza pops once). No leftovers. I'm not really sure what I ate. My stomach has been feeling weird and off lately, so I keep eating rice cakes and bland things, but maybe I just needed to eat some actual food? I don't know.

Today, though, we made a proper family dinner -roast chicken, mashed potatoes, stuffing and vegetables. It's pretty much bog standard for us. Nothing different or interesting or strange. (I'd probably do something different or interesting or strange if I were doing it just for myself, but since it's for my sister and her husband also, I have a tendency only to do things I know they'll like.)

I've never done it before, but I'm currently making (or trying to make anyway) chicken stock out of the carcass and leftover vegetables and such. I hope it makes good stock because I think tomorrow I want to try out a chicken soup recipe suggested to me by Just Jenn. Mmm chicken soup...

No comments:

Post a Comment