24 February 2009

Redwater Rustic Grille - 22 February 2009


So we went to Redwater Rustic Grille for my sister's birthday on Sunday. And this is what we ate. I wish we'd had a better camera with us because the one we had with us does okay but not great. Some of the pictures came out quite grainy. And my sister (who shot three of these pictures) doesn't think to look at what is sitting around in the background or what angle would show things a little better or let everything fit.

This first photo was the appetizer that I ordered - Mini Prime Sirloin Burgers on Toasted Brioche with Quebec Oka and Grainy Mustard. I've ordered these before and they are just phenomenal. So so good.



My sister and brother-in-law each had one of these mini burgers and then also shared Pan Roasted Wild Shrimp in Chili Garlic Butter. I don't eat seafood, but I tried a piece of one of the shrimp even though I was sure I wouldn't like it. I didn't, really, but I just don't like the texture and the slight fishy flavour puts me off.

We didn't get a photo of all three entrées because my brother-in-law was more interested in eating than in photo taking. (Alas.) He ordered 8 oz Alberta Beef Tenderloin with Garlic Poblano Butter on Ponderosa Field Mushrooms with Marjoram and Organic Agria Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes. He found the mushrooms boring, but everything else was great.



My sister was in the mood for shrimp, apparently, because she ordered Wild Shrimp and Scallops with Chili Garlic Butter on Pan Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Locally Grown Green Beans in Brown Butter. She was surprised (as was I, really - I tasted it on a bit of chicken) to find that the Chili Garlic Butter didn't really have any chili zing to it, though the flavour was really nice.



And I ordered Grain Fed Rotisserie Fired Chicken Breast with Garlic Poblano Butter on Pan Roasted Fingerling Potatoes and Locally Grown Green Beans in Brown Butter. My Garlic Poblano Butter also didn't have any real poblano zing to it, but again... tasted great.

This is what I ate. Or what I ate half of. That's a lot of chicken. The beans were exquisite, the potatoes perfectly cooked and the chicken just a tiny tiny bit dry. (Alas.) Otherwise, perfect.

All in all, a pretty great meal, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment