21 August 2008

Spicy Sausage and Mushroom Soup


It was soup weather outside today, miserable and rainy and very cold. I had planned to make turkey meatballs and spaghetti, but then I thought I wanted mushrooms instead, and then I wanted soup instead of that, and so I found a recipe online that combined all of them. I'm not sure anymore where the recipe came from (I guess I could dig through my history and find it, but that seems like a hassle) but I'm glad I found it because it was an interesting soup and something I could and probably will make again.

I ended up making my own sausage, since I had ground turkey in the fridge rather than actual sausage meat. The recipe I found was meant to be a variation on Andouille sausage. I've never had it before, so I don't know how close to the real thing it is. (Probably not close at all, even setting aside that I used a totally wrong meat.) The sausage recipe itself was really good, definitely worth the small work of making it, and I could use that easily in other recipes as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment