12 August 2008

Chicken-Lentil Salad with Green Beans


I'm sometimes a little scared of lentils. I make plans to cook things with lentils, and then I don't. I think about ordering dahl when we get butter chicken, but then I don't. I'm not sure what makes me so uncertain - I feel like I must have had a bad experience with lentils at some point in the past, though I don't remember one - but I'm glad I finally got over my lentil fear. This was really tasty.

This salad is made up of green lentils, steamed green beans, diced chicken, diced tomato, green onion and a dressing made of mayonnaise, lemon juice... and I must be forgetting something. Dill weed. Salt and pepper. It still feels like I'm missing sometime, but at any rate, that is the basics.

Surprisingly good, a keeper recipe. I'm going to eat the leftovers for lunch tomorrow, stuffed inside pita bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment