27 May 2008

Spicy Peach Glazed Chicken with Roasted Rosemary Potatoes and Sautéed


Yet another dinner from Sandi Richard's The Dinner Fix. At some point I'll run out of things to cook from that book and you'll get to stop reading about it. On the whole, the book has been worth whatever I paid. (Which wasn't a lot, I don't think, though I can't really remember.) There are some things I don't like about the book: her sides are generally boring and rotate through three or four items and she relies a bit too heavily on certain condiments that I'm not likely to use again (and thus don't want to buy). But on the whole, worth it.

Anyway, this chicken dish was... simple. You dredge the chicken in herbed flour, then cook it in a touch of oil for 20 minutes (flipping at half time). Next coat it the peach glaze (made of peach jam, barbecue sauce, and soy sauce) before returning to the oven for a while. It was remarkably tasty, for something so simple. The peach added just a touch of sweetness, less than I was expecting really, and the barbecue sauce added a nice spicy flavour.

I do think I'll make this again sometime, though maybe I won't bother putting flour on the chicken, and maybe I'll barbecue it instead. Hmm.

The rest of my dinner was MY old standbys (her suggestions were plain rice and mixed peas and corn) - roasted potatoes with rosemary and sautéed broccoli with a bit of crushed red pepper for some heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment