20 May 2008

Spicy Meatball Sandwich


By the time I had dinner cooked tonight, I wasn't terribly hungry anymore, but I dutifully ate my dinner anyway and it was very good, even though I wasn't very enthused about eating it. (I have issues about wasting food and didn't want to throw it away, though I do do that sometimes.)

The sauce on the meatballs wasn't meant to be a teriyaki sauce, but it sort of reminded me of one, and I think it would have been really tasty with some pineapple. It was made mostly of ketchup and sweet chili sauce, with some Worcestershire, mustard,... and some other things I can't recall. The meatballs themselves had celery seed in them, of which there was a bit too much for my taste, but would be easy to cut back on in the future. The red onion was really nice with the meatballs, but definitely some pineapple too, if I try this again.

This recipe was another from Sandi Richard's The Dinner Fix - I'm determined to try all the recipes from the book that I can stand. (So... eliminating most of the seafood, some of the big roast type dinners and a few that just look gross.) Most of what I plan to make this week will be from this book, and then I'll keep picking away at it after that - I've mainly got fish recipes left and fish is rarely a top choice for me when I'm thinking about what to cook.

(By the way... check out the new plate!)

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous21 May, 2008

    Damn, I take a break from the dailty checking and you upload TWO posts. The sandwich looks yum! and I like the plate, where did you get it? You have a good visit home?
    t

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the plate (and a matching one in white with black stripey bits) from Walmart for $1 each. (Should have bought a couple of each, really.)

    The visit home was nice, a bit boring, but nice.

    ReplyDelete